Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #37
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

After pulling the engine, I quickly realized that I was not going to be able to complete the engine swap over spring break. To make everything work, I was going to have to do a lot of parts swapping that I had not planned on doing.

Returning to school quite disappointed, I continued doing research and trying to figure out what I needed to do. Dorm room decorations consisted of license plates I've collected over the years, a headlight bezel from a 1980 squarebody, and some signage.

With the semester being close to the end, my dad and I drove up to the Atlanta Dragway again for the Gear Jam Vintage Drags. It was a great time and happened to be the first time both my dad and I had ever seen a drag race in person.

We also scored a new fender for the truck than is 99% rust free. It just has some good surface crust. The best part is that it came off a 63 Suburban, so I didn't have to drill any holes for the fender badge. Once I got the fender installed, it improved the look of the truck a lot, and with the engine out, kinda gave it a vintage gasser look.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote