View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 06:30 AM   #1534
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

This week has been a bit (very) busy with admin stuff, targeting and target lists and general day job stuff.

However, I do want to ask all the IT geniuses out there, why would an XL spreadsheet on Teams only allow one person at a time to edit it. (No need to reply)

Spectacular inefficiency again from the bosses, they give you a rally car with one wheel missing and expect you to win the race.

Seriously.

Anyway.

While waiting my turn to go in and edit the list, I was angry enough to pop to the garage and grab the new rear shocks.

15 minutes later I closed the garage.

Job done.

Old

New

Little wins ehhhh.

Today I want to go make up the drilling template for the screen support and scuttle and get the holes drilled in the body and steel that I welded in upside down on Sunday when @nickwheeler came over so we could create the supports and framework from which the steering and dash will be grown.

It was a good day for sure.

Once the scuttle is drilled, the template needs to be reverse marked onto the underside of the glazed Land Rover screen which then needs 5 holes drilled in order for the threaded bar or cut off bolts to be fitted in there and then Tig welded in place at Nicks place or possibly here as fitting studs for the screen.

I also need to start thinking of removing the seats again so the body can be lifted and the underside painted black, either with underseal or some regular black gloss paint to get it looking uniform. Of course I already have a load of regular black paint…….

Remember this messy underside?

Onwards as @pauly says.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote