View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #4709
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

A quote from Mate Fil, who had gone up to Scotland to fetch the Rezin Rockit for me, about this knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
The scales aren't to my personal aesthetic taste, but the blade really is!

No question that it's a special knife and has some lovely attention to detail (matching blue resin inside two of the four brass tubes that form the central pin on the handle to name just one)

You radiate good karma Rian, and it reflects back in all sorts of different ways.

Even for a pro that knife will have taken a minimum of 3 days to produce I would think.

Commercial cost? Well, it's not relevant here - but a one off custom hand forged damascus kitchen knife isn't an every day purchase for a reason.

Not one to chuck in the kitchen drawer with the rest. Well, not without a sheath of some sort to protect the edge anyway!

Lovely knife and a very usable one too - not just a show pony.

Not a great pic.

But I took a day vacation yesterday and was running around town buying guttering, collecting building materials etc, and visiting a couple of friends.

Helpful staff and good prices.

Amongst the stops was one at mate Martin with whom I travelled America 5 years ago.

Amazingly, it is exactly 5 years since we stoped at and spent 3 hours in Gas Monkey garage in Texas.

He is selling his house, to move away and to a place with more space and garages for him and his lady.

Some may remember a few years ago, I modified a paralysed fireman’s furniture for him so that he could use the couches directly from his wheelchair etc.

He does track days in a somewhat modified Nissan Skyline GTR and from one of them, this seatbelt support with rose jointed supports were removed.

It ended p on Martins scrap pile, I laid claim to it when he mentioned it, so I collected it.

Plan is to add it to the new roll bar of the Rezin Rockit in order to have a decent mounting point for harnesses.

I quite like the skinny rearward supports too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote