View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #157
67c10rustbuket

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
As for how I put the S-10 face back on the clear plastic, if you don't touch the back side alot, it will be sticky enough to just stick back on. At least the ones I've done have worked out that way. You could put some glue on it or a few pieces of good quality tape on the edges since you can't see them once it's assembled. The tape I use for such things is the aluminum tape for sealing HVAC duct work in houses, which I'm sure you're familiar with!

Also, don't worry about the "hijack", this thread is just information and your additions I think people will find helpful.
Okay thanks I see, it should stick back on just fine then. That foil tape will cut you up

Q: does the needle have to sit up higher that the stock needle? Just wondering if I couldnt just bore out the stock needle hole to fit or would it be too short?

I am almost done with the mounting plate but have a bit to go on the rear cover box. Those pesky light bulbs make it difficult. I may make another one and just use LEDs to backlight it like the one you used for the high beam indicator. I think that would give me a bit more wiggle room for the rear cover box.

Here are some pics of the almost finished plate and my progress.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote