Thread: Green Machine
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
cariboumarkt

Re: Green Machine

So we finally took a long weekend this summer to head over to Montana to pick up the truck. It was running and driving and all the fluid levels were topped off. We put a couple dozen miles on it just getting used to how it drove and making sure everything worked okay before trying to tackle the 400-mile one way trip home. The Green Machine ran like a champ for the first 90 miles or so but, as we ascended Rogers Pass (elevation 5610) it developed the hiccups. It would run at idle but seemingly run out of gas as soon as you tried to make him move. I made it three quarters of the way up and finally threw in the towel. We pulled out a tow strap and made it to the top. We decided just to keep towing it to the town of Lincoln approximately 20 miles away. Once in town, I found I could drive (slooowly) and managed to limp to the only shop in town, Lincoln Auto Tech. I was thinking fuel pump, but the LAT guy helped troubleshoot the problem to a filter in the Quadrajet inlet. We added a clear inline filter, bought the shop some beer (and ice cream) and were again on our way.
Attached Images

Last edited by cariboumarkt; 09-04-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add text
cariboumarkt is offline   Reply With Quote