Thread: How Much Drop?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 06:22 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: How Much Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
That looks to be along the line of a 2/3 drop but judging by the wheels that truck might have the ZQ8 package which would mean it was slightly lower than stock right from the factory.
The raspberry truck is a ZQ8 and I remember him say he put a little more drop on it. I don't know if that was front and rear or how much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
245/50-16 were the common zq8 and camaro tires of the era. Start with a 2/2 drop, that should get u where u want.
Thanks for the help. Do you think you could guess if you think tires on that truck are 50 series? I agree with your suggestion to start with 2/2. I was hung up on not wanting rear blocks and I want to maintain the rake. I've decided to go with 2/2 and if I decide I want 3/3 I'll get the lower coils and 1" blocks wouldn't be the end of the world. Tire size can affect the scrub line that much

Comparing the pictures again, I think the raspberry truck has less rake than the black one with original stance. Maybe 2/3 is what I'm after, so -3" leafs. I'm not doing anything about this till this summer, so more time to think and possibly catch someone out and about with the stance I'm after and ask what they did.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-12-2024 at 06:30 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote