View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #357
watahyahknow

Re: Project: Recycle

those clamps look nice , i think earls have simulair ones , you might even be able to make youre own if you have some of that aluminium left you used to make the spacers with .
it might allso pay of to scrounge around at a pick and pull , maibe one for big rigs or farm equipment , hydraulic lines on those vehicles are about the same size .

just a little bit of comment on the gaugecluster , not sure of the lexan front is strong enough to hold the cauges without cracking over time , wat might work is making a support in the rear so the gauges are held in the rear as whell so the full weight doest hang ontoo the lexan ..... not sure if that makes sence to you the way i tell it but as deep as the gauges are mounted they want to pull the top of the lexan in and push the bottom out and i suspect that on a bumpy road the load will be a little to much for the plastic and it will crack

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote