View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #15
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

Re: Lets see those stereos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
Less than $100 WITH SPEAKERS at JC Whitney. Sounds as good to me as any and all of the above set-ups. The speakers are mounted in the dash next to each other in a factory mono speaker holder. And no damage to the dash.

Pl4yboy: By "hitting the high 140s" I'm assuming you mean you listen to that set-up while it is cranking out 140 dB of sound. Note that sound begins to damage your hearing when it is above 85 dB. Though the pain may be temporary, the damage isn't. Think about the future. My father-in-law who spent his 70+ years behind a running tractor engine with no hearing protection can't hear a word my daughter - his granddaughter - is saying.
Listening to something at 148 dB's would be ridiculous. My setup has hit that in competitions but is NEVER listened to that loud. I admit, I do crank it from time to time, but thats ludicrous to habitually listen to something that loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX View Post
Loud isn't everything... While volume gets you noticed, Quality gets you appreciated.

My old system has been posted several times before and has been the subject of a thread or two...

Pioneer DEH-880PRS

MB Quart 5.25" and 6.5" components

Pioneer shallow mount 10's and ARC Audio FD4100 amp (under bow tie)

Everything has been ripped out from the truck though and a new complete ARC Audio system is being put in.

(4) ARC 10D2 subs
(3) ARC6000 components
(1) KS300.4 amp
(1) KS1000.1 amp
(1) PEQ preamp EQ
If you know much about car audio at all, you know that Digital Designs has some of the best SQ in the business. The only reason I'm running coax instead of components is because I don't want to be mounting tweeters in odd places or cutting holes to house them.
Pl4yboy is offline   Reply With Quote