View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
WorkinLonghorn

Re: Engine Blew, recommendations?

You guys are great. A lot of good info here. I was away visiting my 98 year-old dad so just getting back to you.

Wesmigletz, that guy is MIA. "This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later." And his link shows no items for sale in any category. But thanks for the lead.

I suppose I could do the R+R in the driveway where it sits now although it is on a slant and I'm not sure how that would work out. I've done one before, just 39 years ago with a buddy and lots of beer as suggested.

Truckster, it is dicey because it is a wheel+tire shop that used to handle my split-rims back in the day. I've known this guy for decades and he's a good guy but he has a guy working there who might be able to fix the engine or rebuild it but I haven't met this guy yet and I doubt that it would be a great option at this time. The shop owner knows all about the right way to do engines and I imagine that he would supervise. It's just that I will have to rent a truck to stay in business and I need someone to help me fast. I'm thinking that a crate GM lo-po to this shop and have them do the R+R. I'm not sure what the going rate is for this. Maybe $500?

Special-K. I would really love to have an LS!!! If I had a shop or any elbow room around here I would seriously consider a 6.0 or even a 5.3. Hell, a 4.8 would be an improvement. But I'm getting to the point where I put down a tool and then when I need it again it is gone, fallen into the black hole. And where is that gasket sealer I had right here? Oops I dropped the set key into the engine and the transmission won't line up. Na, I'll pay some guy to do the swap. I've been dreaming about a 383 torque motor and waiting for this engine to blow but now as they used to say in SE Asia "You cheap charlie!" And yep, it's always been true. -BA
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 10-22-2019 at 11:42 AM.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote