View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
tostin.wannamaker

Re: 1984 C30 CCLB Cummins 12v

Hey, been lucky enough to keep working as more company's are handing out layoffs in my area so updates have been a little scarce. Anyways I just picked up an NV 4500, 2nd Gen Adapter plate and a 2nd gen intercooler and rad from a guy out of Calgary (no photos yet, picking them up in a couple weeks)

Next on the list is to pull the Cummins from the 89 and get it out for a rebuild, head studs and valve springs along with picking up a front diff, lift kit, transfer case and clutch kit.

One thing I'm starting to realize as time goes on is how difficult the 4x4 conversion has the potential to be if not done properly. I see when guys put lifts above 6" it usually off centres the axle requiring spring hangers/shackle mounts to be moved. I have more research to do but does anyone have a method or process to help with drilling the holes for the spring/shackle hangers? What i mean is, if i setup the holes with no load everything will look good until load is applied. Is there a way to test how much sag the engine will put on the springs to drill my holes where they need to be? Again this is the first time ill be attempting something of this nature so bare with me, any info will help.

@MTCK haha, definitely not the current conditions in Yellowknife, The top two were taken in Lloydminster and the bottom ones when they arrived in Grande Prarie, AB. I haven't dug any further into the Lift yet as I've been busy with work but there is a user on here I'm having trouble finding again who is the motivation for the truck i am building. Here is his truck.

Name:  may june 2015 032.jpg
Views: 5331
Size:  101.3 KB

I'll do my best do find his profile again, He had a lot of insight and seems very knowledagble on this topic and in general with these Chevys as he has multiple done up with the Cummins.

Sorry for the jumbled up post, I'll try and get more photos up as i accumulate more parts and begin to pull the Cummins!
tostin.wannamaker is offline   Reply With Quote