View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #35
niceguy678us

Re: 1972 Highlander 6.0/4L80E/LoMax

Ghettoluxury,

I also forgot to mention that by putting the sensor after the transfer case like I did, makes everything work like it was stock. Meaning the PCM thinks the original transfer case is still there and needs to see a switch signal when you put it into 4LO, because the gearing in the transfer case changes the speed of the tone ring. When I sent my computer off to get modified, I told the tuner to change the values in the 4LO equation to match my new 3:1 LoMax gearset. I then hooked up a simple toggle switch to simulate the signal that the original truck would provide when you pressed the 4LO button on the dashboard to shift the original t-case into 4LO.

If you don't put a switch in, and you put your transfer case into 4LO, the truck will run and drive, but it won't shift out of first gear, because it sees something is wrong with the transmission or the transfer case because the sensors are not reading the right speeds of the tone rings. It's some kind of "limp mode" to protect the transmission.
1959 Apache 3100 SWB Fleetside
2006 VTX 1800f

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=highlander
niceguy678us is offline   Reply With Quote