Thread: 4l80e Builders
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 4l80e Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevysupercharged View Post
First off I wanted to say thank you for all the replies, I apologize for not getting back sooner as work was a little crazy the last week or two.

Oydllay - I will be making a call to Brian Tooley for a cam recommendation so I can figure out what stall speed I will need before I order a converter. And I've seen how impressive these transmissions are, I just didn't want to spend the money on a stock one only to have to upgrade that in a year or two.

72MARIO - What small parts did your builder happen to recommend?

Brew - I've seen a lot of turbo builds running stock transmissions, but I figured those guys just swapped them out every few months, would never have guessed they'd last that long. I guess I will get a price on a new 4l80e from Scoggin Dickey or Jasper. The truck will just be a fun street/strip truck with cam/converter and a few other bolt ons for a while until I decide it's not fast enough lol.
Boost cars can get away on them safer since when you're not in boost, you're not really putting that power into the trans. Loading them off the footbrake or the trans brake will put the screws to any trans. Big hit n20 cars tend to be the hardest on the stuff, they balloon converters etc. The only downsides to the 80e are weight and parasitic loss, but more when compared to a manual vs another auto.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote