65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracle whip View Post
Ok thanks it looks good!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
can't wait to see the cab finished up and in primer.fixing this cab you have more guts than most men would lol.seriously you have done a fine job on it.i have pondered about tearing a cab down this way to get at all of the rust.to me this is the best looking bodystyle truck ever built,its a shame GM didn't build them to last forever.i think you have found a way to save many rusty old cabs that a few years ago nobody would have considered restoring.thanks for the info on the cab corners,yours sure look good.
Believe it or not it really has not been as bad as I expected, yes it has been a lot of work and I'm working in small two car attached garage so logistics is tough sometimes, but do-able. Yes I am very happy with how the cab corners turned out and thanks for the compliments it helps keep me motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I just looked at this build again. YOu have done a ton of work on that cab. Mine is not that bad, but I have even thought about pulling the cowl area apart to repair/remove rust from where you can't see it once it is together. I have some rust holes (small ones) along the edge where the firewall and cowl are meet.

Keep up the great work!
I tell ya I think that there are a lot of cabs out there that don't get fixed as they should when it comes to the cowl area. I also will tell you that removal of the air boxes and the cowl is really the best way to fix the area it gives you the best access, I had the firewall and floor out when I fixed mine so it was even easier to fix, anyway good luck on yours and if you have a question let me know I have a ton of pictures, I just cant post them all I have some many. I am trying to document everything that I do.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be

Last edited by 65Custom; 03-04-2010 at 10:02 PM.
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote