View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 02:12 PM   #88
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one to cut their truck in have in the last few days. Looks good.

For your locking hubs question, I know you can buy a conversion kit to replace everything, but I would think you should be able to get factory components and swap them in. I haven't researched that, but it just seems to make sense. Hopefully someone that knows what they are talking about will chime in.
It was a scary feeling making the cut!! One thing I messed up on is I did too much swapping with my cutting devices. I planned to cut with sawzall all but right at the top and bottom. For that I would use the grinder and cut of wheel.

However, once I got the grinder out I just started using it then switched back to the sawzall when it was convenient. I should have stuck with my original plan.

Well it turned out just fine. We beveled the edges, left about an 1/8" gap and he welded it and then went back on top of his weld.

I made fish plates but unless we welded them outside he said he couldnt fit rod up in there to weld it fully so they will have to be mig welded in. I will do that before I do anything on the road.

What were you cutting?

EDIT:

WHERE DO I FIND the conversion kit at? I saw that I could buy just the lock hubs but is that it?

I also need to find some cheap U bolts for the rearend that will work for 4" blocks. 14bolt full floater.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 02-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote