Thread: 55.2-59 59 GMC 270-336 swap.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #17
mr48chev

Re: 59 GMC 270-336 swap.

As I said earlier, your money and your call. Plus it has to be what you want and not what many of us see as more practical or less expensive in the long run.

I'd say that the majority of those old grain trucks that are sitting are sitting because those engines gave out and the owners don't see them as being worth rebuilding that engine and don't get shocked if a large percentage of them already have small block or big block Chevys in them when you open the hoods. There may be a number of them that got retired when they got away from using bobtail trucks to haul grain though. It used to be all 2-1/2 ton trucks hauling wheat to the silos or hauling corn to the local Del Monte Cannery here in town but now it is almost all done with semi tractors and 40 ft beds often as not with belt trailers. Even the silage hauling is almost all done with truck and trailers now rather than the trucks with sileage beds on the back.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote