View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

Re: honda rear speakers

I'm not talking about a subwoofer, i'm talking about a woofer. A 5¼" or 6½" speaker alone is a woofer. A coaxial speaker is a woofer with a tweeter attached (it's wired in a way that you only hook up one wire to give a signal to both speakers ). Then you have triaxial speakers which are a woofer with a tweeter and a midrange on it, typically.

If you order from Crutchfield, they will have all of the speaker adapter rings you will need and they will also have the wiring adapter you need to plug in the speaker (Honda uses custom molded plastic wiring plugs on the speaker!).

If you are new to car audio, I cannot recommend using them enough. Go to their webiste at www.crutchfield.com , find a pair of speakers that fit your car in your price range, then Call them on the phone and talk to a salesperson. Explain that you need to get those speakers with the wire adapters and any speaker rings you might need - I think they give you the extra wiring stuff for free! I could be wrong, but they're only a couple bucks otherwise and you'll be paying less buying from them anyhow.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote