View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 01:20 AM   #11
Richard

Re: Parking light/side marker issue LED bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
The diodes will certainly stop the backflow of current between DLR/Signal. I think what you're missing is the ground wire completing the circuit off the LED which will allow both the DLR and Signal to flow at the same time.

So the LED would receive (resisted) power via the DLR and go to ground. Then when the turn signal is applied the LED receives full power via the other wire and blinks due to the flasher.

The above drawing/schematic was borrowed from a Jeep website dealing with the same OEM floating ground setup - so i know it works . Just offering another/simpler solution.
Sorry I just do not get it? I do know with an led in the front turn location on a 71-72 truck the sidemarkers will not light because the ground from the sidemarker goes through the bulb, just like your illustration. Do not understand how the diodes and resistor correct the path to ground for the sidemarker. Looks like it is still through the bulb.
The wire from the marker in the chevy is the ground from the marker, not a hot. Maybe the jeep configuration is different.

Edit: Not saying it does not work- I just want to understand why adding the resistor and diode makes it work. Load from marker circuit sees the resistor and reduces amperage through the led so it can ground? If I understand I can apply knowledge elsewhere. Kind of how I learn, even now at the age I am.

Last edited by Richard; 04-02-2024 at 02:41 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote