View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:56 AM   #7
NGN

Re: Please recommend a replacement radiator - 69 c10 i6 250

My 67 was originally a six with the original radiator, not sure now if it was a single or double core. I was lucky to find a four core out of a 71- 72 Suburban V8 AC Auto and for thirty five bucks, another seventy five two have it check out and clean. At that time back then I made the switch cause I went from a three speed manual too a Turbo 350 auto hooked up too my original 250 six cylinder. Fit in good like original from factory, had to bend out lower radiator support, slight modification to lower retainer mount area for use with a four row radiator. There is two locations for radiator mounting. Two things I don't recall, one being if I used the same mounts as the original six cylinder radiator mounts, two if I went shroud less cause the original six cylinder shroud, that little metal top finger saver, didn't fit. The V8 shroud didn't fit , the four blade fan on the six cylinder just rubbed a bit on one side and that could be cause the location of the replaced four core. There is a full shroud on my friends 68 six cylinder with a automatic I believe rare, but now that I recall we were thinking time later on that maybe six cylinder motor along with fan sit a bit over to one side. I now have a V8 327 with the same trans and radiator using a V8 shroud, just had to shorten up the drive shaft a little.
OK I'm rambling but I'd go with a four core auto trans AC radiator to cover any future changes.
LMC has a price for a four row with AC 350 motor 1972 at $399.95 does not mention automatic hook up.for the tran cooling lines.
NGN
Nick

Last edited by NGN; 04-08-2024 at 11:10 AM.
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote