View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #278
62 Barnfind

Re: 1962 chevy c10 update.

Just a little update. After some hard work trying to figure out how to get the T5 in it finally happened. It's in! Last Saturday I want on a test drive to test it out. The trans works great! Shifts good, performs better than I expected! I must have sucked up some trash in my carbs because I had a major stall and had to limp it to the body shop. After a week of setting AC (fabricator at the Body shop) help me clear out the trash and get it going. Now after a big tune up, carb adjustment and linkage reset I'm running better than before. i still have to install the high hump, new carpet and shifter boot and the trans install will be done!

I had to remove the torsion bar x member to get the trans in.

Not a good 360 pic but you can see that there is plenty of room now. Except I have to cut in between the top front tunnel cover bolts. This will allow the top of the trans to clear. If you have a high hump this cutting isn't required.

Trans installed! As you can see the lower part of the T5 is what was hitting the torsion bar x member. It wouldn't allow it to slide all the way back into the x frame.

Transcend shifter installed!

Here is a shot when I went to pick up my truck.

My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513

Last edited by 62 Barnfind; 01-16-2017 at 11:42 AM.
62 Barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote