View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 04:35 AM   #154
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

I got my Rhodes racing roll cage last week. Went to Home Depot today any picked up some electrical pvc 30,45,90 and 1 1/4 pvc pipe which measure exactly the same 1 5/8 o.d. as the Rhodes rollcage. I think this is one of the easiest ways to work it up.I Don’t care for how the front down tubes look. I haven’t decided if I want to do a single 30 degree bend or a double 45 degree bend.Since I can’t afford a mandrel bender or want to go to a custom shop and have my roll cage built. I am going to take my down tube to my muffler shop down the street and for $40 they will bend them. Here is a rough mock up of my double 45, I just have to slightly clock it and finish glueing it. If this is to complicated of a bend for the muffler shop I will do the single 30 bend.I am also making this cage a true bolt with interlocking tube clamps from summit racing and a 4 point instead of a 10. For all you haters, I know this cage will never pass tech. So please save your comments. For the price you can’t beat it. At some point I will have a correct 10 point built. As soon as I stop upgrading speed parts and interior. Which may be a few years down the road. The nice part is I will just have the down tubes and halo redone because they are the only bars with bolt in clamps . Then add the extra 6 points since I have those already.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; 08-30-2018 at 04:52 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote