View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 06:41 AM   #1602
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

Thanks for all the effort to show the pictures and, of coarse, for taking them all.

This truck here just may be the best. We look at these old yet perfectly restored trucks and get to see how they actually looked when they were the current truck and how things got moved in that time period. Just think, this was the best you could do and a huge improvement over what came before. We see trucks lacking what our trucks have today. But dang! Think about just the horsepower and brakes. Going and stopping were challenges. Even beyond that, this was before we even had pneumatic tires for heavy trucks. Yeah, basically they didn't even have tires (as we know them) yet! then look at the lighting, kerosene lamps! Before heading out or when you hit a bank of fog you had to go around and light all the lanterns. and that is only after you made sure to keep them all full of fuel. I dunno, I just am nuts about old trucks, rolling history. Not just how we got around back then, like with cars. Think of all the other products and services of the time and these are the trucks that moved the nation, made it what it is.

I also want to say how disappointed in myself I am for not going up to Macungie Fathers Day weekend. No pictures to share and I really lost out on a highpoint of my year. This is just the kind of stuff I missed seeing, so thanks again for a great substitute

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote