View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #25

Re: Performance Lacking in a 383 Build.

First off pat, u have a nice set up. I’ve had those heads and they are nice. Whomever built your engine got some good parts for it. The cam is fine. For a 350, it a very good all around cam. For a 383 it’s mild. The performer rpm works best overall for these heads on the street but your intake imho is fine for what u need it for. Your not going to have the speed of a new sports car. U are just to tall and heavy for that. But, I didn’t read anyone suggesting this so....check your spark plugs and wires. Doesn’t cost a thing but time. In the wires...check to make sure they are all on tight. U should b able to pull against them and they shouldn’t just pop off. If u have an ohmmeter, check the resistance of each 1. I don’t know the brand so I will use msd as an example. They have 50 or less ohm reading. A stock style wire will have far more resistance and not give an engine like this enough fire. Plugs....just look at each 1 to c if u have any cracks n the porcelain part. Look at the gap. U need at least .045. Look at the tip. Is it all black, or is it a white grey color. This will tell u that u are getting enough fuel and u are burning it off. Lastly....if u have access to another distributor, change them out. If that is the problem, then at the very least, u have it narrowed down to where the problem maybe. Good luck and keep us posted.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote