View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #373
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30fathoms View Post
Fantastic work on the inner (and outer) repairs!
Ours was so far gone we had to do the entire inner/outer panels...from A-post to A-post. The outer was not bad. But I will say for those considering doing the complete inner...stop, measure thrice, then re-consider. I found the inner patch panel to be too short in the A-post area. The original piece reached further down and tucked into the A-post with a complex lip/bend; the patch panel was way short, ended up burning a lot of time cutting and bending small patches out of stock to tie everything in. Another consideration, when you cut across the entire inner roof area (opposite of the window lip), the roof panel will sag making the final fitting a real bear. I'm sure my inexperience played a part in the circus but...just a suggestion.
Cheers,
30f
Damn, sorry you had to the entire thing. I was lucky and only had to about 1/2 of it. I am by no means a body guy, AT ALL. I am trying to get it as nice as i can, but i know i am not a body guy, so as good as i can is what i will get. LOL
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote