View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
ray_mcavoy

Re: Turn Signal Issues and I'm frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
Just replaced the turn signal switch. It was a pretty straight forward process. Unfortunately now I have nothing. No signals left or right. I'm positive I installed everything correctly. What am I missing here. Maybe a blown fuse during the process? I had the battery disconnected.
The turn signals are powered through the "TURN B/U" fuse that's located off to the left side of the fuse box, 3rd row up from the bottom. You can use a test light or voltmeter to probe the test points on both sides of the fuse to make sure power is reaching the fuse and that the fuse is good. Note that the "TURN B/U" fuse will only be live with the ignition switched on.

If the fuse checks out okay, use the test light to check for power on the purple wire at the turn signal switch connector. Again, that should have power with the ignition switched on. That point in the circuit is after the flasher so depending on how much load your test light places on the circuit, it might be lit steady or it might blink when connected to the purple wire. Either one is fine. However, if you don't have power on the purple wire then there is something wrong with the flasher or wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
I have continuity testing the wires ray_mcavoy said to check.
The continuity tests I described check the turn signal switch itself. I assume you mean the switch tested okay?
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote