View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 10.0's cage question

3/16" wall 2" x 3" rectangular tubing butt welded to the stock frame with a couple of heavy verticle gussets to beef things up. Then when I dropped the cage down through the floor it sits on these 'pearches' with a 360 weld around the bottom of the tubing.

Yeah that little narrow frame and a big wide cab makes it a PITA don't it! My cage is strictly to triangulate and support the backhalf. I never intended the truck to be quick enough to 'need' it. I was happy when they moved the bar rule down to 11.5 and gave me some breathing room. But I'm not really interested in taking this bucket of bolts much quicker than it is now. IMO those rules are there to protect me from myself, as much as protect me from whats inthe lane next to me.
If I want to go fast, I've got a safe car to do that in,, don't need to risk things with this ol underbuilt truck.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote