View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #71
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

...and of course the tail has plans as well, here is a rough Photoshop of what I'm thinking for the back end, which would use Suburban backup lenses on the inner tailgate mounted lamps. The taillights would need to be LED to reduce the depth so they fit within the depth of the tailgate. The idea is to do Thunderbird/Cougar/Shelby style sequencing turn signals. I'm kind of torn with which LED lamps would go best, I think the Digitails are simply too expensive for what they are, There is another type that uses 20 LEDs and a more modern looking lens which I like but they are pretty unsophisticated in their operation, and then there is a third style that will strobe 3 times then solid on braking but is intended to use the somewhat bland looking original lenses. The Festler lenses are cool, but expensive and there is no Suburban version of the backups, and the Marquez Designs ones are cool (Digitail based) would cost me thousands and there still isn't a Suburban version.

Maybe I can do up a simple board and control it with Aduino Board contol and maybe accelerometer based intensity and/or strobing for the brake lights.
Attached Images

skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote