View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: New to me 1972 K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Are you still going to use a Tahoe third row seat in the back? If so, how do you plan on bolting it to the floor?

One other question, I was planning on using the same seats you had originally planned on used (Tahoe leather fronts) but seeing that you backed makes me nervous. Did you research wiring them or did you not feel like messing with it?
Not sure on the third row seats just yet. I know someone on here got the floor from a wrecked Tahoe with the correct mounting points and grafted it into the blazer....

The seats were from 2003 and they changed the connection. Instead of just power and ground it had a multi pin connection. I believe it needed to communicate with the BCM (body control module). Supposedly the 2000 - 2002 seats were "stand alone" and only needed a power and ground to operate. The heated seat option needed to controls that were located on the door panels, which would have been an added expense and hasle....

I chose cloth seats because its easier to sit on after being out in the sun with no top... and I'll just add after market seat heaters for winter...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote