View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 09:22 AM   #1152
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

We went to the race on Wednesday and got set up. Thursday morning we had the Jegs Allstars breakfast and opening ceremonies. Then Super Street went directly into our first of two time trials. I was .016 on the tree and 19.911 at 152.83. When lifted my foot the throttle was hung wide open. I thought I was going to have to hit the chute and the kill switch but the toe hook saved me. That damn thing must have been running 160 when it came back up. I went back to the trailer and didn't find anything wrong. The second run I was .011 on the tree but a second after the throttle stop opened the carbs I lost the throttle linkage .All I could do is idle back to the trailer. That took a minute at 1600 rpm! Lol. When I got back I found my enderle bell crank was broken out at the top where the rod attaches from the pedal. I didn't have a replacement but Ken found one that a Comp Eliminator guy had. It was the wrong size thread for the ball that goes on it. I walked across to some Top Alcohol Funny Car guys and asked if they had a tap and die set since they tear up so much Sh*t. Of course they did and loaned it to me. Then I had to borrow a drill bit too from them. An hour later we were fixed whick was fine as we were done for the day anyhow.