View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #39
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

Re: how about some interesting factory two tone paint pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig rig View Post

BOY, that thang looks like a spawned out salmon
haha now im going to ask my mom if she has a pic of my dad's old 82 shortbed that he had bought new, it was silver and red two-tone just like that. i didnt think that was rare but now i guess i do. when i was young and the truck was new it looked fine, but after a bit the red at the bottom started fading and the silver reflected its age and started looking dingy, more dirty actually, but it looked salmon color.

ive only ever seen one other truck like that, and ive lived in many states all over the country too.
his was a 305/350 combo with dual tanks, red vinyl bench, dummy lights, red rubber floor, it was a scottsdale i remember, i always thought that was a type of dog and thats what i called the truck, "dog".

we customized it when i got to age 16. all sky blue, over-the-bedside toolboxes painted silver with matching ugliest-rear-bumper-i-ever-seen out back to replace the original, tinted the windows, molded the tailgate smooth and sunk a fold down license plate in the middle so we didnt have to flip the handle, then gave it gray cloth buckets, modified console, and steering wheel from a 93 or so cavalier, and a nice lil factory buick tape player knobbed radio and kraco booster/eq in the middle console, and 6 factory gm 6x9s from the junkyards that was loud as SH!+ and everything inside we had to change color on that was left we smothered in cheap grey carpet... and it got new whitewalls on rallies with NO DROP, WTF? i just couldnt talk him into it...AT ALL!

oh yeah, damn brings back memories, i gotta find that pic so you can see what your truck's lil brother looked like new (since dad's was a swb)
OWNER @ NBC Customs...No Bull Chit....'92 GMC C2500 ECSB 350/TH400, '57 FORD SKYLINER (My dad's for now, but its really mine-you'll NEVER see a cooler car at 7 years old lol), '42 ford rat rod shop truck (new project), 91 CHRYSLER VOYER MINIVAN (shop van for now)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nbc.customs

Last edited by knightowl73; 01-21-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling mostly
knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote