Thread: West Coast 67
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #78
PBFAB.COM

Re: West Coast 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
What do you do on panels that you can't get behind to hammer and dolly? Am I asking you to give away trade secrets?
I have no "trade secrets"! There is no panel you CAN'T get behind to hammer and dolly (if you remove the panel or the pieces behind it). That's a lot of extra work, and not everybody wants to pay for that level of work. I have had good success with the MIG for those areas where the budget won't allow for the added time of panel removal and re-installation to properly hammer and dolly the TIG weld. (Fortunately, I am becoming able to pick and choose the work that comes in, and am beginning to focus more on the chassis and suspension for my 'meat and potatoes' and then selecting the sheetmetal jobs where customers are wanting the highest quality work and are willing to pay for the extra time). With the MIG, the same process of tacking and then grinding the tack down one spot weld at a time, and remaining patient throughout the process, has always yielded good results.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson