View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

August 22, 2009

Today I got the first coat of paint applied to the truck. Sheri and I managed to sand the thing down last night, and got done just before the rain came. I was up first thing this morning, excited, as this IS my first paint job….

After 3 cups of coffee, making sure that I was good and “twitchy” (think Tweak from South Park) I started. I went out and mixed up the paint…

I then got my equipment on, up and running, and proceeded to paint the bed of the truck.

Before I post the pictures, I need y’all to understand that this is not, nor will it ever be a “show truck.” My standard disclaimer is that I use this truck as a truck. Moving rock, going hunting or camping, or just general off-roading. I have no intention of removing every ding and scrape. I have personally earned all of those love marks on the truck, and intend to keep them.

The other warning is that this is my first paint job. My experience with painting is contained in the three coats of primer that were shot and sanded before shooting the color. That being said…….

Left Bed Front

Left Bed Rear

Right Bed Front

Right Bed Rear

The inside and top of the bed rails will be rhino-lined in the future, but I’m not decided if I’m going to have it done in the orange of if it’ll be in black. Thank goodness I don’t have to decide that today.

I hope to have more pictures up tomorrow… second coat will go on Sunday morning.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote