Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update:

So I took a break from body work for a while so I could do more research on how I'm going to fix the cab after I screwed up and cut the supports and floor out. Basically I have no reference to use on the floor I cut out. Sucks. I will figure something out.

In the mean time, brown truck has been delivering for a couple weeks!

I pulled the trigger and purchased some mucho needed suspension parts.

I decided on the brothers trucks ultimate drop kit with disc brake conversion. It's a full kit with custom 4 1/2 front, 5 1/2 rear drop. It comes with a C-Notch so I I can still retain full suspension travel but it allows me to keep the bed floor in stock location since the drop isn't too dramatic. I hope it's going to get me low enough where I want. I still want to use the truck to haul items and maybe tow a light trailer.

I also picked up all the rest of suspension parts it didn't include from rockauto. Got all Moog. tie rods, control arm bushings, rods, ball joints, steering gear, pitman, etc.

I got a replacement stock 4 turn steering gear. But I just finished reading gringoloco's build thread how to ruin a c10. He did the same thing and then ended up getting a redhead 3.5 quick ratio steering gear and stating how much he liked it. Now I'm not going to be running this truck at the track or road racing but I like a sport feel and intend on later in stage 3 upgrading again perhaps. So now I'm at a cross roads on whether or not to send this steering gear back and get the QR or just keep this one...

TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote