Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #18
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Other progress.

I tore the frame down, removed all suspension parts, got it ready for grinding/wire wheel treatment. I plan to POR-15 the whole frame and suspension components so I wasn't worried about being perfect, but I went pretty far anyways and once could argue a little more work and it could be primed and painted, or taken out for powder. But I plan on making this my DD so its getting semi-gloss black POR.

Now I have read several times for other vehicles I worked on and also on this forum as well that this is one time you can benefit from spending the money to have it sand blasted and powder coated but of course I went the cheap route and decided to do the work myself. I'm here to tell you, the work it takes to clean a frame, and then be happy with not being able to get in all the nooks and cranny's, all the dust and grime, all the ear blistering noise and vibrations, all the headache and back breaking work being bent over for hours, I WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED!!!

But here I am, did it, and it was cheaper in cost, but not in labor and time away from family...

She is ready for a c-notch , then its POR-15 time...

TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote