View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #5
SilverGT3RS

Re: Trinary and 3 relay electric fan questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
The resistor is generally to keep the PCM from seeing a ground on the fan control circuit that it didn't send. If it sees that ground, it assumes there is a short in that circuit, and therefore will trigger the CEL. Since you have HPTuners, I would just forgo the resistor and just turn off the error reporting on that circuit.

Also, if you hook the trinary to that green wire, you will get both fans on low when the AC needs it, but if you hook it to the blue wire you will only get one fan on high, but if the engine temp is already high enough to have them on, and let's face it, whenever the air is on, it's hot enough, you will get them to both come on high. So I would personally hook it to the blue wire.
Good stuff. First off I appreciate you guys trying to help me out.
On my swap, I had a custom built 3 relay harness made to go with my radiator and electric fan conversion. After reading the replies I went out to the shop and saw the harness guy made it easy for me…there is a small harness that has the green and blue PCM trigger wires that run with the main relay harness.

The 2 wires at the top of picture run to the PCM, bottom 3 wires towards relays for reference.
I’m thinking I can pull apart the Weather pack connector and bring the trinary wire into the end with the 2 blue wires, combine the 3 blue wires, recrimp and plug back in.

Does that look like it will work?

Last edited by SilverGT3RS; 06-19-2022 at 10:38 PM.
SilverGT3RS is offline   Reply With Quote