View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #53
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

The L83 motor that I got from a rolled 2014 Z71 did not come with a power steering pump, in fact none of them do. The newer trucks only use electric power steering racks. In order to add a power steering pump I chose to go with a kit from Wayne at Kwik Performance. I met him at one of the shows and he was so helpful and just a very cool dude and seemed interested in my project. A few months later I bought his kit and the kindness continued. I needed to get power steering hoses for my truck, so I asked him for information on what fitting sizes would be needed on the pump provided in his kit. He made me a deal that I couldn't pass up. He asked me to take several pictures and measurements of my situation and he offered to make me a set of hoses at his cost, asked me to test fit them and report back with pictures and results. He wanted me to do this so that he would be able to sell kits for the guys that come along in the future with my exact set up. So if anyone orders a power steering hose kit from Kwik Performance for an L83 into a 67-72 C10, I was part of the "R and D" team that developed the kit.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote