View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 02:09 AM   #62
PbFut

Re: trans fluid to radiator fitting

I bought a champion 4 core with fans for a 72 gmc about 18 months ago. Fittings are perfect for trans lines and all hoses fit correctly as well. The mounts were a little shallow allowing the factory radiator mount to make contact with the end tanks. Some very minor grinding on the factory mounts corrected. It is possible the rubber pads in my mounts had compressed allowing the contact. Overall the fit was remarkably good. I do not recomend using their pigtail to the fans. There is no lock tab and when the connector gets warm it looses its ability to stay tightly connected. This causes the connection to loose good contact and you get low amperage to the fan and will damage it. I had this happen. Champion sent me a replacement fan deeply discounted to replace my damaged part free shipping overnight. These are Chinese parts so you must look things over and not take for granted that everything has been tested for all applications. Having done the conversion, I recommend not using the electric fans unless you have a specific reason to do so. The fans stress the 50 year old electric system. The alternator if old will not keep up. New ones for external voltage regulator just bearly meet the demand and if you want the factory battery guage to work correctly requires a pretty deep dive into the main harness. It can be made to work correctly but it is not as simple as adding a jump off the fuse link connector on the fender to the fan relay as most would likely do.
PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote