Thread: 89' s-10 5.3
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #76
Hart_Rod

Re: 89' s-10 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
The motor is as a stock 2002 suburban 5.3 except short tube headers and the small stall converter . I have no idea about the IAT or where it is located . The F body guys either move this sensor to the bumper or front grill area . also some have them fixed with a resister . One guy told me that his settings or tune stopped having variables at something like 80% throttle for consistancy reasons . I am truely new to this and dont want to take it to someone to get a "tune" that wont do what i need it to .

My main goal is a good solid reliable driver , that will be consistant at the track . If not consistant then at least predictable . Would like to put it in drive and let it shift . Also not interested in going faster than 7.50 ( weird request their )
Looks like you are running a truck intake. The IAT sensor is part of the MAF sensor on those engines. Are you running a MAF? If so, you will have to figure out what wires go to the IAT sensor and cut them. You will then need to wire in a new standalone IAT sensor that you can mount where ever you would like.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote