View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 08:15 AM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Police Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS View Post
The original use of our 56 Chevy custom was a local sheriffs car. I have yet to find a picture of the car in active duty, but I have a picture of the 2nd owner right after buying from the local dealer once the county had turned it in late 1957. When we restored the car it still have evidence of its former life. There was a plug in the roof where the cb/radio antenna was, the posts have the holes where spot lights were drilled. They now serve as spots for the door poppers. Car was a factory power pack 265 V8, 3 speed car. Within a year and a half the car of being a cop car it was a full fledge custom show car and has been ever since.
All three versions are cool '56s. It was a sharp 210 for that short while. Too bad there's now photo of it's law enforcement days

That last Suburban shows how the police vehicles, like mine, came. Base model Cheyenne with no roof rack and with body trim. Mine has hydraboost brakes. I'm not sure if that was on all, but most likely.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote