View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
UncleMatt

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

Yesterday went pretty well. I finally got the adapters mounted and the truck sitting on all four wheels!! Here are the results. I have no brakes right now so you'll have to settle for a few in the shop pics right now.

Name:  20.jpg
Views: 27340
Size:  110.9 KB

Here you can see where I had to have the hub machined to fit the American Force 8 - 10 lug adapters. It's a very small bit of metal that needs removed. I had the same problem with the front but I was able to just remove the lugs and grind it down with my angle grinder. The rotor spun while grinding and gave me a nice consistent spin so I could keep the grinding even all the way around. I don't have any pics of the front yet because I ended up doing it to the wrong set of rotors. The ones I have are 1.5 inches thick and my calipers won't fit on with the pads. So now I'm having a bit of trouble finding the right rotors. Once I do I'll post pics.

Name:  19.jpg
Views: 27819
Size:  106.0 KB

These rotors are perfect for a 1 ton rear disk brake upgrade on these trucks! Front rotors from a '77 3/4 chevy 4x4 bolted right on. The lugs press right through where the drum was. Now I just need to fabricate some caliper brackets.

Finally sitting on the ground!

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 69113
Size:  68.9 KB

Next step is a 4 link and bag setup. I'd like this thing to sit a little lower yet. Can anyone recommend a good heavy duty 4 link that I can still tow with? I'm gonna notch the frame and build a cross member with a gooseneck attachment. This rig will be the one that tows all my buddies cars to the shows
Attached Images

UncleMatt is offline   Reply With Quote