View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #69
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

It has been a busy couple weekends, unfortunately I try to update the posts with pictures as I go, but they are still on the camera.

This past weekend was a short weekend for me with parties and other events so I did as much as the time allowed me to (and maybe how long the girlfriend would allow me to be acceptably late haha).

Spoke to Sid this past week and I realized I was only running a 2 degree shim in my front axle - needed 4 degrees with the radials. So Saturday morning I woke up early to run over to Napa and decided to roll the truck out of the garage. Hmm, truck leaned to the driver's side in the front. Well long story short I had an extra leaf in the passenger side. Counting must have not been my strong suit that night I re-assembled them. Anyways, went over to Napa and grabbed the shims and put them in. Took out the extra leaf and we now are level in the front. Much better.

Sunday we were up early and started on aligning the hood and the vinyl seats. I am very happy how they came out. For anyone that needs the C clips that are used to put the vinyl on (much cleaner than the hog rings in my opinion), Classic Parts USA sells them. I couldn't find them anywhere else even LMC who includes them in the seat kit doesn't sell them separately. Amazing.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote