View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 06:09 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Re: Stock alternator to 12 SI alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmk View Post
If I understand this correctly, the red wires that connect to the plug and the small bolt on the back of the alternator also connect to each other?
What is the white wire (18 B/W?) with the fuse and the black wire engine harness with the fuse? Are those stock wires or something I need to add as well? I'm referring this picture.

The 2 black wires with the 2 small 4 amp fuses are stock original for the amp-meter to work. They stay as they are.
The red wires do connect to each other in the wiring harness. But don't jumper them at the alternator plug.
This want give you the correct reading.

The picture shows the stock bulk connector that is up by the drivers side head light. The bigger red wire goes to the bolt on the back of the alternator. The smaller red wire that was connected to the external regulator now goes to the #2 terminal.
The brown wire that was connected to the external Regulator now goes straight to the #1 on the alternator.
The white wire is terminated and not used.
You should run the small black ground wire over to the alternator also.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote