Thread: Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 04:23 PM   #16
crsgmc

Re: Dead

Just came inside, not that cold (36) but 25 to 30 miles an hour wind. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, it did nothing. I looked in my repair log and I replaced the coil and Ignition Module 1-15-19 both Ac Delco. The only reason that I replaced them is it was original parts (the coil is riveted on to the bracket). Wanted to see if I could smell gas at the tailpipe, but the wind is so strong I am not sure it would be a good test. I don't have anyone to turn the key to check for park, so I am going to rig it up and record it with my phone while I turn it over. Can't do that now the wind is blowing too hard. Because of the way it just totally shut down and now won't restart, I wonder if the oil pressure sensor went bad and it shut the truck down. The distributor I put in was a top street performance, did not like the plastic Ac Delco. From my log it appears that I did not replace the oil pressure sensor when I replaced the engine. So the oil pressure sensor is likely 25 years old and 260,000 some miles. I can look at the cap and rotor, but I would think this would not just totally fail. I know you can get new bad parts, but it is not that common. Will check spark when the wind dies down.
crsgmc is offline   Reply With Quote