View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 02:48 AM   #95
Richard

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

[quote=Accelo;9266759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
Not correct. In California we now have a law that makes it illegal to buy ICE vehicles. It will be phased in starting in 2026, zero ICE sales in 2035.
Don't forget this is a car mandate, not trucks. We all love our trucks.

In 2023 there still will be several 100 million used ICE cars on the market.
There are 290.8 million cars in the U.S. as of September 2022. Used ICE cars will be around for a long time

A lot of things can change in the next12 years.
I have 5 cars, and one EV.
I drive the EV every where I go. It is the fastest and most comfortable car I own. And it has the least maintenance and lowest cost per mile.
I drive 180 miles to do consulting and it costs me $4 in electric energy , if I charge at home.
Plus it returns fuel whenever I go down hill. No other vehicle can do this, including hydrogen. What if you got fuel back when ever you used the brakes instead of turning it into heat at the brakes.

To each his own. If you don't want to drive a EV it is very likely you never will.
I will say they have no soul. However, some times I don't need a vehicle with soul, just a safe method to move around!
From what I understand the "light duty trucks" everyone registers and drives are included in the mandate. True it is not imposed on high GVW commercial vehicles. In Ca there will be more rules for those vehicles but do not have to be electric.