View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #48
legendman

Re: K30 Cummins Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work on the exhaust! On the engine troubles, are you sure you have all the air out of the system and have you checked supply pressure to your injection pump? Those diaphram lift pumps are a terrible choice and are prone to failure. I'd be checking that. Pinch off your return line and see if it runs better. These VE's can be a bear to get all the air out of them sometimes.
I put a new lift pump on about a month ago, also have swapped injectors.
This weekend I swapped the IP and now it runs like it should.
It sounds so different, snappy and like a real diesel.
The old IP I could by hand, the new/used one pops when I turn it, you can tell it is building pressure.
Took me 3 tries to get the IP on right, kept shearing the woodruff key, so I pulled the whole front of the motor apart, bolted the IP down then put the gear on and key stayed where it was supposed to.
I'll tell ya when the timing is off it was making some horrendous injector knock because the timing was so far advanced.
Originally Posted by smackzed View Post
I put a chevrolet tailgate on my last truck and it started acting like a girl...love me, need me, want me pay attention to me. Took it off and put the GMC back on (fixed the latch) and it went back to being the same old dirty bastard it used to be
legendman is offline   Reply With Quote