View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #659
racecougar

Re: Bringing the '65 back to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideblue00 View Post
Just read through your build, nice work! Lotsa time involved, but looks great. I love the rake this thing has. Get er done!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
I’m glad you had better luck than I did. I wasn’t impressed by him or his bracket! Sum of the parts looked like they were stamped out of old beer cans. I haven’t changed mine yet I’m hoping I don’t have the squealing problems that so many other people have had, there chart on belt size wasn’t right after three phone calls I just measured it myself
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, I was happy with his helpfulness on correcting their mistake, but I can't say I'm super impressed by the parts for the price point. I ended up having to relocate the idler pulley in order to get the belt to clear the upper radiator hose. I don't see how it could possibly clear in the as-provided position, no matter which hose you use.

Since the last update I've painted and reinstalled the core support and grill support, along with a litany of small parts. The compressor is mounted, condenser is installed, lines are routed, etc. It might not look like much changed, but trust me, all these little items eat up time. Additionally, when working with all of these parts that are now in final paint, every move has to be fully thought out prior to execution. I really don't want to have to pull anything back off to re-spray.

The main things left to complete are heater hoses, wiring, install fenders, grill, bumper, associated small parts, and then paint the hood.
Attached Images

Last edited by racecougar; 02-07-2021 at 11:25 PM.
racecougar is offline   Reply With Quote