View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #671
racecougar

Re: Bringing the '65 back to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Thanks for updating this. You guys have done a ton of nice work on this truck and the story and legacy behind it are cool as well. I like the unabashed hot rod persona. It makes a statement without being over the top. My favorite thing about it is that you guys worked on it together. A great accomplishment and a priceless family heirloom.
That's high praise. Thanks! And thanks for reminding me to update this thread.

Captions for the photos below:

After having nothing but trouble with the Vintage Air-supplied Kwik Performance bracket, we bit the bullet and bought the Holley AC compressor bracket kit. WAAAAAY better! It looks better, too. The air conditioning has worked exceptionally well. The truck has no trouble staying cool while keeping me cool. It is weird driving around with the windows up though.

Finished painting the hood a few weeks ago. It turned out great, particularly considering how beat/rotten it was. Glad to get the original hood back on the truck.

The truck is finished!!! It'll never be finished, but it's finished. 🙂 We installed the hood yesterday. Happy to wrap this thing up. Yes, the truck is filthy. I enjoy driving cars, not washing them.
Attached Images