View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #1428
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I'm glad you filled us in on the work details. Pretty interesting and lots of work you guys did. I think many people see something like those stables as needing to be torn down, and then they build whatever they need out of new materials. A philosophy I guess, to use what you have, but I honestly think that some people don't have re-use crossing their mind. Craig is lucky for the help, and the companionship of stuff like that is really fun. Plus it doesn't hurt to be fed well. You appear to be well entrenched as part of George's daily itinerary. Funny how he adopted a warm spot on your truck and now has a warm spot in your home if not in your heart as well.
Your observations are all spot on.

I think both Craig and I have the financial ability to go out and pay people to do jobs, or to buy new materials etc.

But we get a buzz out of reuse, repurposed materials etc.

The cash saved means you can do something else again.

My S10 truck is a perfect case in point.
Bought for cash, I have colleagues who ask how I can afford my toys etc, we know that using “man maths” the “savings” go into an imaginary, though real cash pot and are then applied to whatever needs to be bought.

The Ford Galaxy I had moved and collected a load of expensive, but free stuff, to me, that is money I never spent, so when I need to buy stuff, it is quite painless.

[quote author="@admin" source="/post/2705389/thread" timestamp="1636484578"]Thanks for the extra info @grizz it was tricky to get enough info on all the builds in the time between announcement and when we recorded. Actually partly why I made this thread as I'm hoping to spend a bit of time filling in the gaps.

S10 is definitely much smaller than I thought then![/quote]

My S10 is about 100mm or 3-4” narrower than my 2020 Ford Focus estate.

Thought I would post a few pics of the 3rd door in here for those interested, or not and for @rmad and @admin to broaden their S10 knowlege 😉

The door is almost invisible, unless you know that the shut line on the rear of the cab actually for the door.

So once the small door is opened, a skinny lad life Hotwire and others could get in there and sit on the sideways mounted seat for a 5-10 mile trip to a pub, show etc.

Full size …. Chunky (fat buggers) like me would fit in there mainly if hijacked or prodded with an AK47 in the back, or a Glock in the neck for an indefinite distance ride.

The 3rd door also locks in place to form the B-pillar for the drivers door.

So it cannot latch unless you close it.

These are on a long wheelbase chassis, and actually have a different length to the LWB trucks.

The bed is a really useful 6 foot bed as well.

Turning circle on these are extremely poop, and having mounted slightly wider than standard tyres, I have a bit of chassis rub on full lock.

Other than that, these trucks have extremely comfortable seating and ergonomics are on par with luxury cars of the era.

Aircon, speed-o-cruise control, automatic gearbox with an overdrive gear in my ZQ8 factory special which included a bunch of nice touches like upgrades on steering and factory lowering has made this truck a real keeper, unless someone needs to have it more than me.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote