View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 08:20 AM   #60
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Strange Footsteps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I suspect there have been some strange footsteps here at my house lately. The wife came in telling me the loose gas cap message was on in her Yukon. She opened the filler door to see the cap was just sitting on there. She screwed it back in and said the gauge still read as it did the day before. She and I both always screw in the caps 3 clicks or 4 just a matter of practice. Since her rig sits under the carport someone would be somewhat hidden from view if they were to syphon some gas. The other rigs are outside in plain view with a streetlight on two corners of our property. I suppose someone attempted to steal some but couldn't get the hose down the neck far enough to get any.
I just put up some new motion sensor lights while re-siding the shop and the sensor is turned up a notch. Maybe it's enough to shew off the nighttime shoppers.
I had the same with my Jaguar. I put 3/4 of a tank in it and now it registers 1/4 tank. But my gas gauge may be screwy because then it said 1/2 a tank. But it was at 1/4 again the last drive. It was parked in front of the strange footsteps house (no room in the garage it's full of moving junk). Who knows? Maybe the strange footsteps needed some gas? It might just be the gauge. At least it's in the shop now and they pull it in at night. I told them to take their time. I'd rather have it there than at my mess. That fence can't come fast enough. But it's raining again today.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote