View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #17
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

Thought I would chime in and throw in an update since it has been 15 months! lol, time has flown! Haven't made any changes, I get ADD and was detracted when I acquired yet another project (28' Model A 2Dr Sedan with Chevy Drive-train)

I still haven't put the aluminum rims on (been stressing about putting 33x12.5 rims on the stock 7" wide aluminum rims...) just been putting around in the blazer every now and then but am not driving it anywhere near as much as I want or should. I did however just drop some coin on some new buckets and vinyl floor (full blazer kit) and will post some updates when they arrive and I get into them. New seats should help motivate getting up and into the blazer to have some fun, the interior is just too miserable when I have other classics that are neat and clean inside...

Progress will always slow down for me but I wont give up on any of my projects, still have my '55 sitting waiting for some love too...

The seats are the Procar 1400 series lowbacks in black, I will be adapting them to the stock seat mounts (thank god the previous owner adapted the awful blue 80's blazer seats I have to the stock brackets, so at least I get to salvage the brackets)

Most of you probably know what the procar seats look like, but these are them:

I spent a week searching, best price I found when ordering them as a pair was Speedway Motors, they were like $242 each without tax and free shipping to CA.

The flooring is a "complete kit" that I am hoping is in line with the LMC blazer vinyl floor kit but $80 cheaper shipped, so I will let you all know how these things turn out!

Then I will have to drop some more money to have the rear seat refitted to complete the clean interior makeover. right now my rear seat is just a frame and a dirty piece of torn foam...
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote