View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 01:21 PM   #18
txagincali

Re: Soft topper installed/review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I ordered the Soft topper a couple of months ago and it arrived on Saturday July 3rd.

I had to open a couple (and add a couple) of holes on the bed rails.

I struggled to get the brackets installed on the rubber door and top seal. The holes were a bit off and the bracket was hitting the plastic door cap when closed. I tried a bunch of different ways and ended up cutting some of the bracket and enlarging the holes a little.
TheAlien, I finally received my softopper top a few weeks ago after I ordered mine in July. I am having the same issues with the L-brackets on the bedrail not having the correct holes in place to line up. After 3+ weeks of trying to get responses from the company (takes 1 week for email replies and 5 days for phone call responses) they finally told me I need to drill holes in my bedrails since obviously some modifications have been done to my repainted '71?

Does that not seem more like a defective sh!tty product with even sh!ttier customer support that you need to modify a brand new $1200 top by drilling holes in your bedrails that are said to line up appropriately??

Below is a pic of their brand new rail that I moved outward an inch just to show how the holes don't line up with nearly any mounting location supplied.
Attached Images

1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote